Sunday 15 April 2012

easter

This was our first Easter as a married couple. And boy did we do it properly! My in laws and sister-in-law stayed over, we went to the most amazing church service and the weather was spectacular.


Mel (my sister-in-law) made us a red velvet Easter cake, with the sweetest bunny on top:





When I told my mom my ambitious plans for Sunday lunch, she nearly fell over. While my friend Tam, and others, were busy making macarons and generally being Domestic Goddesses In Training, I was balancing cash flow statements and fighting with CEO's and being miserable. So I am not known for my cooking.


But look what I made (with the help of wonderful hubby of course):


Butternut soup with fresh chives

Jamie Oliver's Irish champ mash with leeks and  spring onions

Lamb shanks with sticky Guiness gravy (in my gorgeous Le Creuset pot from the amazing Dawsons)

Panna cotta made with real vanilla pods and cherry compote
And just to make the whole housewife experience complete, my two adorable puppy children, Howie and Chloe:

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing :) and thank youf or your sweet mentions! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete