Sunday 17 March 2013

food adventure: two ingredient cookies

I learnt about these on The Burlap Bag blog. Being inherently lazy and undomesticated (the audit firms from my previous life would call it a "developmental area"), I thought what could be better than just TWO ingredients? Yes you heard correctly...TWO! And one of them is not stiffened egg whites - yay!

The two ingredients are...drumroll...

1 cup uncooked oats and 2 mushy bananas.

Both of which I buy weekly so double yay! Then you can add extras like choc chips, honey, cocoa or nuts. You just moosh the bananas and oats together, pop them in the oven for 15 minutes and Bob's your auntie! I added cocoa, bashed walnuts and honey for some sweetness. They were surprisingly good considering they are sans the flour, eggs, sugar and oil that usually make cookies so delectable.

Have a go and let me know. Quite proud of my attempt.




No comments:

Post a Comment