Friday 22 July 2011

etsy.com

Today is a landmark day.
I bought my first item off etsy.com!!! Much happiness and clapping like a 5 year old. The boys in the office think I am certifiable :P
Obviously I can’t tell you what I bought! But it’s something pretty and sweet for my wedding. I am busy collecting random little items for the tables, cake etc at the reception. No themes I promise. I have collected similar things that MAY be construed as having a theme, but NO. NO themes. Hehe. And just having such fun doing it. One thing about being engaged for 18 months is that you have the luxury of time to find pretties, from all over the world if you want to. Loves it!
In case you don’t feel like going to Etsy yourself, let me tell you how it works. It’s a collection of shops from all over the world that creative crafty geniuses have created. Etsy provides a platform for these geniuses to sell their wares. And it’s SO easy.
You can filter by type of item, country, amount (everything is quoted in dollars, but you can times by 7 come on!) and even colour. They have easy payment options, via Paypal (I used Nicky's account) or credit card. And you don’t need to be planning a wedding to find an item to fall in love with. Decorating your home, clothes, accessories, having a chic dinner party – etsy has everything!

Here are some examples of Etsy products I love (I have included the name of the shop they come from, just search the name on Etsy and voila!):

Beach prints from joystclaire

Vintage sunglasses from StuckOnVintage

Bridal fascinator from portobello

Upcycled chairs from trinaroseboutique

Houndstooth pencil skirt from reachingrobyn

Rose cut tourmaline ring from JanishJewels

Wooden cook sign - perfect for a kitchen - from OldNewAgain

Birdie wedding cake topper from purplemadison

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE Etsy :) You could go wild in there... I almost bought my engagement ring off etsy, then decided to support our local lasses and had the same thing made here :) voila :) xx

    ReplyDelete