Wednesday 2 November 2011

our honeymoon

Righty ho, spill time J Whether you like it or not, you’re about to hear more than you ever wanted to know about our honeymoon. OK, not THAT part of course. Sis!
I helped plan our honeymoon (read here: controlled every element of our honeymoon), although Nicky organised all the nitty grits with much man efficiency. I am not the easiest soul in the world to plan a holiday with I know. He’s a saint.
We went through the normal thought process...budget vs time, sun or snow, Overseas or home, drive or fly?
And we came up with what we wanted. Sun, beach and cocktails but without the long flight. And it had to be two weeks. No compromise. So we decided home would be best. Considering I have no fingernails before we’ve even left home for a flight to Durbs for a long weekend, I shudder to think how nuts I will be before a long flight Overseas. I mean ANY number of things could go horribly wrong.
Nicky and I are going to explore a jaw droppingly beautiful part of South Africa...


We are doing the Garden Route. Well, the Eastern Cape part at least, with maybe a little day trip to Knysna if we feel up to it. And we are going to a monkey sanctuary near Plett. Much excitement for me, Mom to a monkeylemurowlcat, as it has lemurs as well. Hands down the most awesome animal on Earth. I know, love is blind. Luckily he thinks I’m adorable.
So we are spending time at the incredible Sands at St Francis (Bay), in Nature’s Valley, and then the rest at Storms River and Addo Elephant Park. I agree, not for everyone, but it suits our personalities down to the ground. Lots of adventure, activity and nature.
And no Nicky, under NO circumstances may you bring your bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment