Sunday 1 July 2012

perfect is just unnecessary

Unless you're an accountant and the jobs not done until everything is in neat rows and balances out...well...perfectly!


I started thinking about perfection because of my friend Tam's blog post. I think this is a struggle the modern woman battles on a daily basis. Perfectly straightened hair, perfectly straight eyeliner, perfectly clean pants (this is way harder when you have two muddy puppies who love to say bye in the morning by jumping into the car), work perfectly under control, friendships perfectly satisfied. 


But as Nicky says "it's just not possible."


So for today, it's a Sunday and I'm still in my (muddy, no need to explain why!) pink jamies. I ate marmite on toast for breakfast and picked up my home laptop for the first time in weeks. Pinterest keeps crashing, and my hubby has gone mountain biking with my brother-in-law. I shall be imperfectly clean and imperfectly healthy and lie in bed writing imperfect blog posts....because sometimes imperfect equals happiness.




PS: This was one of life's perfect moments, Small the cat thought she would snuggle up to Chloe in her bed...she did not anticipate Howie's 15kg bulk descending on her as well. The look on her face!



No comments:

Post a Comment