Friday 9 August 2013

inspired by proteas

The most proudly South African of flowers.

And they last forever. And make the water go a weird red, Rooibos colour. They are South African after all, we can't have this clean and clear water business.



The pretty cerise colour of this Pink Ice protea inspired me to make another Pinterestesque board (have I just made up a new and brilliant word? I think I have).That and memories of a friend's 21st at his parent's protea farm in Montagu. Where we slept in the car and made a CD especially for the road trip from Cape Town. Ahhh those halcyon days of studentdom. If I had my wedding over I would definitely go for a bouquet with one protea in the middle.Sensational.



beautiful bride from the pretty blog // illustration by Roule' le Roux // guava sangria with a touch of sage // rose gold stacking ring from Popetto // framed prints from Ink and Spindle // soft pink wedding cake from oncewed

I have also been known to be inspired by pomegranates.


No comments:

Post a Comment