Saturday 3 August 2013

patience is a virtue

"The real secret of patience is to find
something to do in the meantime."

Photo from Decor Pad
I found that quote in my work diary of all places. It has quotes at the bottom of each day, and some are really helpful. Especially if you're in a mind-numbing meeting where everyone is trying to outdo each other over how clever they are. And I have 2 choices to keep me patient: my work diary or the giant poster of Gary Player on the boardroom wall. So really it becomes a choice between my exponentially increasing To Do List or those quotes. You see why I blog in my free time?

If you know me well enough, you will know that I do NOT have the virtue of patience. I inherited this quality from my father, aka the Sergeant Major (Mom's words and not mine). When I'm trying to be patient - and usually failing - I look at the Twitter feed on my phone, day dream about France, pray (for an END TO ALL THE BOREDOM) and think about what to make for supper that night. My poor, long-suffering husband. At least he gets an inventive supper.


No comments:

Post a Comment