Friday 11 October 2013

great advice from nicky gumble


I saw this tweet by Nicky Gumble on a very bad day. It was one of those cold, dreary days you only get in early Spring in Natal. When summer seems just a fingertip out of reach and yet miles away. When you think it's never going to be humid and sunny ever again. I was stressed out at work, fighting with my hubby and my hair was like Panda's rear-end: fluffy and with no discernible shape. 

When I read this, the thunderclouds over my head parted and revealed a crystal clear sky. 

Nicky Gumble is the vicar (that's a funny word hey? It makes me think of Rowan Atkinson in this movie. I prefer pastor) of Holy Trinity Brompton, a renowned church in London. He is more importantly the genius who developed the Alpha Course as an interactive and accessible introduction to Christianity. Nic and I have had the privilege of hosting a table at our local Alpha course, and even Bear Gyrlls had his life changed on Alpha. Nicky G. knows a bit about life.

Picture from the daily muse.

No comments:

Post a Comment