Wednesday 9 October 2013

unplugged Sunday

Last week we saw the dreaded signs up on our lovely little crescent "No electricity 29 September 7:30 to 15:30". Not amused, I immediately fired off a Whatsapp to complain to the Hub.

But then my ever supportive man reminded me that this could be a good thing, force us to chill out and UNPLUG. Turns out the power outage didn't materialise, but I still took Hub's excellent advice and chilled the heck out. I played the Let's Not Get Clawed by Panda game - her favourite, threw Howie's purple toy, cuddled with Chloe and gave the Hub much love and affection. We went to church in the evening and bought supper afterwards, instead of rushing home to cook. I don't know if it's just an accountant thing but weekends are often turned into more days of chasing the clock and getting stuff done. To follow that with 5 days of the same is just not cricket. I can highly recommend some selective unplugging, it was the best Sunday in a long time.

Amazing the things you notice when you slow down. My hydrangea and lavender are flowering for the first time this season. Aren't they pretty?



I wandered over to my pots under The Big Tree in our garden, and noticed the succulents had little flowers as well.


The Hub began restoring these awesome old chairs we bought on Saturday for the dining room. They are called Globe chairs, and were manufactured right here in Umbilo (Durban City) according to a patented design. Apparently we are well trendy in using them (we won't tell the hipsters we bought them because they fit our tiny dining room and were cheap as chips).





No comments:

Post a Comment