Wednesday 10 August 2011

Finding the Shoes

Oh. My. Word.

If every bride has one thing she can’t get right, mine is the shoes. I even posted a facebook status asking for advice on heels or flats. To which I got: BOTH. Not entirely helpful. Although is probably my only and ultimate solution.
On a whim a few months ago (in the middle of winter mind) I bought  a pair of flat sandals with an oversize pink flower on them. From Woolies. But of course. Kinda like these from Topshop:


And of course being a Corporate Slave I have many many pairs of (mainly black) heels.
However.
Can you really not wear a brand spanking new pair of shoe heavenliness on your wedding day? I love Badgley Mischka, Jimmy Choo, Kate Spade, Louboutin... But it’s a case of champagne tastes with bottled water bank account. I have the shortened calf muscles of a mountain biking career gal. Thus wearing flat sandals for me would be sacrilege. Comfort? But WHY? When you can stand 6 feet tall and have good posture and wear something skyscrapery. But I CAN NOT FIND ANYTHING. Fair enough, it is the middle of winter. But nothing even close?
Do I go for colour or cream, kitten or stiletto, sparkly or plain? At this point, it’s my 100 year old black ipanema slops.
Sigh. Sometimes Africa is a giant dark hole of shoelessness :P
These are the sparkly Jimmy Choos I have seen in no less than 2.5 million weddings in the US (how do they all afford them? Is there a sale I don't know about?!):
                             

 These however, are spectacular:
Kate Spade from pinterest


Green lovelies from pinterest

Creamy perfection from pinterest

Sparkles from pinterest

Jimmy Choo from pinterest

Badgley Mischka from imanologirl blog

white flower detail from weddingplanideas.com

Christian Louboutin from pinterest

Kate Spade sandals from pinterest

Kate Spade from pinterest

More green gorgeousness from pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment