Monday 15 August 2011

it's all in the details

I am truly terrible at keeping things to myself. I can take someone else’s secret to my grave, but my own...well I find it impossible. Today, this is great because it means I have license to tell you some exciting news!!!
Last week I got another of the many, many little pretty things I am collecting for The Big Day. Much excitement and accidentally stepping on my kitty’s tail while jumping up and down. She (understandably) yelled at me for about 5 minutes.
I was inspired by one of my all time favourite weddings...that of Louise of Bijoux Bride. She married in the Cape earlier this year with an orange and grey colour theme. Sounds awful right? But she did it with such restraint and finesse. So I stole an idea from her beautiful wedding, being unable to come up with such creative things in my own little left-side brain!
I emailed her and asked if she knew where I could get the lovely item and she was so friendly and gave me such great advice. One of my biggest lessons in planning my wedding: If you don’t have style, steal it from someone who clearly does!
So here is the inspiration for my lovely item, as seen at Bijoux Bride’s wedding:

The font I have used is slightly different and I have used 3 words instead of one, but all thanks go to Louise for the inspiration.
I’m going to use it both in my decor at the reception and in our photoshoot! Super excited!
Here are the gorgeous flowers from Louise's wedding, courtesy her blog:


No comments:

Post a Comment