Sunday 15 September 2013

chevron pattern {fan}

I love the chevron trend. When we were desperately trying to find a large mat for our lounge, to protect the beautiful and precious parquet, we battled. Everything in the shops seemed either boring or overboard. Only the two ends of the spectrum were represented: Queen Victoria florals and wheat coloured sandpaper. You know what I mean. Eugh.

I was looking for a chevron print like this:



Or this:




Or this:



But this is South African retail after all, if you want something unique it requires going online, ordering it from the US or UK and then emptying the entire balance of your access bond.

So I'm thinking of hitting up my lounge with some chevron, ON THE CEILING. How cool is this idea? And design sponge tells you how to do it step by step. Will let you know if when the hubby and I have got it right.


2 comments:

  1. You saw that that lovely minty green chevron mat came with a DIY right? Have a go at doing it yourself... Could go either way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not, what a doffie! It looks awesome and quite easy to do (with the hubby's help). I so wish we had Ikea in SA. Thanks for the heads up :)

    ReplyDelete