Wednesday 26 October 2011

some colour inspiration


"Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises."
-Pedro Calderon de la Barca [Spanish poet and playwright, 1600-1681]
Our wedding colours are a confusion of greens, pinks, white and grey. Hopefully, like my friend Pedro suggests, there will be lots of green loveliness. (I had an Argentinian friend called Pedro when I lived in Colorado - he too was wise, it's obviously a wise name.)

I have (often) strayed from these basics and our guests will perhaps walk into our reception and think mmm...where did this purple birdie come from?
But if I stuck to the colour scheme that would be a theme wouldn’t it?
Navy and yellow - extremely popular in the States


Peach and aqua - or pink and blue if you're a pleb like me

Shades of purple - a lovely, toned-down take on many a bride's favourite colour

All white - I love this, especially with vintage touches of silver

 
Black, white and pink - sophisticated, perfect for a city wedding

Purple and orange - if done properly can be gorgeous and classy
 

Red and white - not my favourite, but popular with more traditional brides 

Yellow and grey - soft, pretty combination and trendy at the moment


Cred: all images above are from Style Me Pretty, and the colour dots shamelessly stolen from that icon of bridal style Bijoux Bride.

My colour inspiration...coming SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment