Monday 10 October 2011

Troue Sokkie Treffers Vol. 25

So one of the many things we sorted on our little EL trip was the DJ. VERY important if you are planning one of those people-pissed-and-thinking-YMCA-is-cool-again weddings. Like ours.
Because as different as our wedding is going to be, it will definitely be FUN. I am certain because I have met every member of both Nic’s and my family who are coming and they are NUTS.
Nuts but awesome.
So the DJ. He is this 100 year old dude, so at first Nicky and I had the fright of our lives. Thinking 80's cheese and Loslappie here we go. But we told him there will be a R100 fine for every Afrikaans song he plays. Needless to say he caught our vibe.
And then he showed us his music collection. Once again, we were pleasantly surprised. He is good where there is a crowd of both older and young people, but no gross cheesy music that should forever remain in murky pub clubs from our varsity years – Tin Roof Claremont ringing a few bells.  Thank the freaking Pope.
Nicky and I are planning quite a cool little entrance – no bloody emo music. It involves a top hat.
I cannot tell you how much I laughed at the expression on this guy's face!
PS if you want a laugh, google "dancing at weddings". It seems we all go a little crazy when so much love is in the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment