Sunday 28 April 2013

dove real beauty sketches

If you haven't seen the Dove real beauty sketches, watch them on youtube now. Right now.

I watched the video with tears streaming down my face. I think, as a woman, the sketches can't help but strike a nerve. My husband is constantly telling me how beautiful I am, and sometimes the way he describes me seems absurd, crazy. Nowhere near the way I see myself. I think ahhh bless him, he's just my husband, he loves me for my personality, he doesn't see me for the way I really am.

But maybe he does...





This is Kela. She is beautiful, I immediately loved her pretty blue eyes and chic haircut. Watch the video and see how she really sees herself. Crazy!

So my promise to myself this week is this: every time I think a negative thought about my appearance (my bum is enormous), I will replace it with what my husband says about it (my bum is pert with a good shape). See, that makes me really uncomfortable. And it shouldn't. Well done Dove.


No comments:

Post a Comment