Monday 1 April 2013

masterchef and other obsessions

I wish I was a more motivated cook, but man do I love watching cooking programmes...Masterchef (the Aussie version is my absolute favourite), Jamie's 30 minute meals, Great British menu, Sophie Dahl's one (a fantasy of boho-chic cooking if there is such a thing) and of course the First Lady of Chocolate and Butter Nigella.

I would love this kitchen from Sophie Dahl's show

There is something calming about watching other people cook and then nibble, I often wonder who eats all the delicious results? Cameramen? Sous chefs? Groupies?

So DO NOT spoil the current Masterchef Aus (season 3) for me! I very carefully did not google season 3 so the winner would NOT invariably come up. I am very much enjoying perving over Hayden - the blonde surfer who can cook pastry and is miraculously un-fat - and tearing up every time some poor soul goes home at the ends of a Heston Blumenthal burger and fries (that takes 3 hours to compile so fair enough) or a pressure test where they accidentally overcook a scallop. Man I love it. Although I have no desire to become a chef myself. More than happy to live vicariously through the show.

I am gunning for Kate in the show (will NOT link to her just in case) because obviously we share a name, and she seems so stable and nice. We could totally be friends.


Nigella's Italian Christmas pudding cake

Oh and Delia Smith is teaching people to cook via her Online Cooking School (you should have seen her on Graham Norton's Show she was livid that people in the UK live on tikka masala and kebabs), check it out here.


No comments:

Post a Comment