Friday 17 February 2012

Our wedding: The Dress

Oh how I loved this baby. Like a fat kid loves cake. Like a warthog loves his bendy knees. Like Kate Middleton loves Jenny Packham. Like Victoria Beckham loves suffering for fashion...OK you get the picture. 

Even when she was giving me back fat and was covered in sand and gave me hot flushes that would rival any menopausal Mom.

I knew having a dress with six different layers of material was not a good plan in African midsummer. You heard correctly. Six! Just like I knew waiting 18 months to get married would be less than ideal. But I fell in love at first sight.

This is what she looked like on a model in the brochure:

Thanks Bride & Co.
 And on me:

Thanks Steff

Very different yes?! Proof you must try something on before you decide it’s not for you. Check my Finding the Dress post for more wonderful wisdom on wedding dresses...

No comments:

Post a Comment