Tuesday 14 February 2012

Our wedding: Fails

Every single wedding since the beginning of mankind has had some stuff ups, varying in magnitude and consequence.  In fact, these stuff ups happen so frequently on CAMERA that there is a documentary on TLC (the white trash channel) called Happily Ever Laughter.

I thought mine was quite a baddie, until I met the recruiter who got me my new job. His wife had chicken pox on their wedding day. And they couldn’t reschedule because all their family came from Overseas. Then her makeup lady made her look like a clown (a clown with chicken pox) in shades of puce and 3 inch foundation and so she did her own makeup in the end. What a horror.

The following fails occurred on our special day:

1. I had back fat. No seriously. I am not a large girl by any means, but that dress was tight (in strapless wedding dresses: it’s either tight or you show your boobs) and my poor bridesmaids had to use sheer elbow grease to get that zip closed. And the back fat followed. Luckily Steff knew a few things and stuffed all my fat back under the zip. Charming.

2. I could not put on my own shoes. Again, poor bridesmaid had to help and then Nicky had his first (sandy) husbandly duty after our photos on the beach.

3. We forgot to sing the second hymn. And we choose our church cheese SO carefully....it was meant to be a rising rendition of “Morning has broken”. Sadly not.

4. We lost one bridesmaid back in 2011, and then one of Nic’s groomsmen decided his forex trading (read: forex losing) was far more important than his mate’s wedding. The week before the wedding. Siblings and best friends to the rescue.

5. We forgot half of our luggage for the honeymoon. Which meant a trip back to my parent’s house to fetch our things, all prettily lined up on the windowsill and promptly forgotten.

6. The button holding up my train snapped off during a particularly jivey dance. Obviously because I stepped on the train and it couldn’t take the pressure. Back fat and all. Then Nicky stabbed me in the bum trying to pin it back up, love that he is.

Looking at this not inconsiderable list makes me realise nothing, NOTHING can spoil your wedding day. As long as your man turns up and you turn up and you both say yes. The rest...is not important.

From Wedding Inspirasi and Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment