Tuesday 20 September 2011

something blue

I love this one. And very happy that I’m not forced to wear blue shoes or blue earrings (that SO would not go with my outfit) or - Heaven FORBID - a blue garter. We’ve been through the garter story, not happening.
My Gran to the rescue once more. (On a side note, I imagine Gran as a super hero – SuperMary if you will – in a twinset and pearls, but with a supersonic car and a German shepherd sidekick called George. She really had a German shepherd called George so I’m guessing that’s where that one comes from. Otherwise, I’m just weird.)
About two years ago when Gran had to move into a smaller room at her retirement village, she gave my Mom some of her jewellery to give to me. One beautiful piece was a brooch with a large pale blue stone (think it might be a blue topaz) and a few pearls. I loved it on sight.
On my Big Day, it will be proudly on my bouquet. On our trip to EL this weekend (more about that later) we met with the florist and he said he can wire the brooch into my bouquet so it will be more visible than on the stem.
Something blue....tick.
I got the idea from these:
Sea shells and brooches bouquet - courtesy Green Wedding Shoes

Courtesy Pam Scott photography
Courtesy theknot.com

Courtesy theknot.com

Courtesy Flourish Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment