Friday 9 September 2011

something borrowed

Right, so my something borrowed. Perhaps I am cheating a little, because it’s not like I need to return it to my Mom. But it better count, because I have zero other ideas!
It’s my veil.
The same one my Mom wore on her wedding day back in ’84. It’s the perfect colour for my dress (ivory) and with a few tweaks will be gorgeous for me. So thanks Ma. But don’t expect to get it back, consider this a permanent borrowing arrangement. Like a bond, with no term to maturity.
Luckily for me, my Mom was not one of those out there 80’s brides – like the disaster below, I am still laughing about this get up - so her veil is classic and will work in a 2012 wedding. No giant hair or pouffey netty bits. Relief!

Ask any bride, the first time you put on a veil, it all becomes REAL somehow. A pretty white dress is a pretty white dress...but a veil. Then you're really a bride. The first time I put one on I had a few tears. True story. (Ask Tam.)
from ashleysbrideguide.com
Mom's (now mine!) is more like these (thank the Pope):

No comments:

Post a Comment