Monday 26 September 2011

invitations - part two

We have finally finished our invitations! Exciting times.
And you can imagine, neurotic as I am it was very hard to reply to the final email saying “Print those things”. Very hard. Like I waited three days with the email in my drafts. I mean this is the first hint of our wedding to our guests! It gives all the pertinent info and suggests – God forbid – a THEME.
And don’t even get me started on the wording. My word. How do you say in the nicest possible way, we will not be having a gift registry. Please don’t buy us a set of cake knives. Unbelievably, we inherited a set of beautiful silver ones from my Granny back in ‘09. We have a tiny flat full of stuff we don’t have space for. It’s a constant battle keeping the granite tops in our kitchen VISIBLE. And we pay a small fortune in rent for that bloody stone and not melamine. I want to SEE it.
I’m guessing everyone is going to have an opinion about my invites. I mean..mmhmm..OUR invites. I am so invested in them though, please be nice. Pretty please.
And a last bit of advice for any brides to be, get someone to help you with the invites. A designing genius someone. I asked the lovely ladies at Tadaa Design – thanks to the pretty blog for that suggestion – here in Joburg and they were amazing. Check out their website. We did the whole thing over email – my favourite – and Cassie even hand delivered the final product to my office! They can also courier, which is great if you live somewhere obscure or where the stationers think everything needs to be bright pink and covered in diamantes.
Obviously I don’t want to give too much away, but here are two little shots (note the No jeans – because, seriously, you need to be specific. I had to stop myself from writing "Shoes required".)
Love my love birds!


No comments:

Post a Comment