Saturday 31 December 2011

2011 : a spot of reflection

If you will allow me the indulgence of wrapping up 2011...

But before that, a funny story. Yesterday the Nicholas and I met with the wonderful man who will marry us before God - my cousin Don. After we had some (totes amazing) coffee (really, EL is not as backward as it may seem! I bought the cutest dress at Hemingways Mall for a steal, something I can NEVER find in Jozi.) But I digress.

So we finish the amazing coffee and our chat about all the important things at our ceremony - seriously there should be a handbook, thank goodness for ONE person who has done this all before. Amazingly Don says most church weddings and funerals are run according to a formula. Yes, weddings AND funerals. Tells you something about weddings...perhaps the death of freedom? Kidding! I got too much sun yesterday. Then Nicky starts wrapping up the meeting. Like one would at say...an audit firm? What are the action points, summary of who said what, he fell just short of keeping minutes.

At least I know the man means business.

Back to 2011. Not a great one for me I must admit. I lost a doggie friend, struggled through my last year of articles, fought with the most inconsiderate neighbours known to man, and had an uphill battle just finding a bloody pair of shoes in supposedly the shopping capital of Africa.

Fortunately I also started this blog, found a passion, planned most of our wedding (hence the blog), got advice from some amazing ladies on the pretty blog and bijoux bride, got up the courage to have my long outstanding knee surgery, went on a few wonderful weekend getaways and shared another year in a tiny flat with the love of my life.

But 2012. Now she will be a wonderful year. I'm getting MARRIED to my Nicky. we are making a few major moves (more on that next year) and I am determined to continue following my heart.

Thanks for all the support this year...HAPPY 2012 :)

100 layer cake blog

1 comment:

  1. It was great meeting you Kate! hadn't read your blog in a while, you really are good! I ever pinned one of the hairdoes :) see you in a week for the big day! excited to document your love!
    xxo

    ReplyDelete