Tuesday 14 June 2011

The Cake Debacle

I am very determined about things that are important to me. Passing exams, riding my bike, eating. If I decide I will only eat tuna straight out of the can for a week (and yes this has happened hehe), you can be assured no matter how mad anyone thinks I am, I will only eat tuna for a week. And Nic is no different. Although his is more like: I will go to spinning three times a week, come snow or hail, and no-one is going to stop me. We scare some people. Understandably.
For no reason other than I am nuts and possibly have some kind of obsessive compulsive disorder, I will not have cupcakes at our wedding. Ordinarily I lurvvvve cupcakes. I had a small breakdown when the i love cupcake store in Blubird (Melrose) closed down. And I lurvvvve cake, so I want my favourite cake – red velvet – at the wedding. Despite the fact the cream cheese icing may be a puddle of white ooze on the cake table in the 30 degree heat of East London in January. Yes I know, I am nuts. But I really really love red velvet. So like a 5 year old with my heart set on a Beach Sunrise Barbie, and ONLY a Beach Sunrise Barbie, I will be having red velvet cake at our wedding. Nicky also loves red velvet, but perhaps not in the crazed way I do. And big thanks to my Mom we can have a red velvet cake at our wedding. I think she is used to my crazy determination after 25 years as my mother! And it will be NOM J
Another thing I love is a dessert table. You can see one in the background of this blog! Brides – with larger budgets than mine – make them true works of design genius. I would love one, but really when you think about it, it’s a waste. After dinner people are keen to get up and mingle and PARTAY, not continue sitting at their table eating more sweet things than they can tolerate. But they are still pretty to look at, and that’s all that matters right? ;)
Hopefully my cake will look like something like this:

Here are some other cakes that make me go weak at the knees (and yes I know there are dessert tables here, but I just couldn't resist teehee):









Pics courtesy of Style Me Pretty, 100 Layer Cake, Green Wedding Shoes, the Pretty Blog and Google images.
Image 5: from Julie Lim's Blog - the dessert table from Christine Meintjes wedding in October 2010 - so pretty, I can hardly stand it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment