Monday 20 June 2011

Surprise hen party!

So my fiance’ is a sneaky one. All innocent and blue eyed, he tells me his family is hosting an engagement party for us this past weekend in Natal but it’s a surprise so I must shhh. Clever. Because it was all a ruse. He knows me so well, he knew I would go sniffing around and suspect something when he had all these whispery conversations with his mom.  So he headed me off with an engagement party fib. I packed a pretty party dress and everything! And then when I least expected it, BAM, hen party J

Thanks to Mel, Wends and Trace who were the masterminds behind the party and of course, all the wonderful ladies who came, you are such an awesome family! We had cupcakes and koeksisters and loads of champagne. Not to mention a rather raunchy version of Pass the Parcel. And a fun game of How Well Do You Know Your Man. Which I think I passed quite successfully, Although, really, who’s favourite food is CHICKEN. There I was with prawn pasta and all these complicated dishes and it was simple chicken.
I got all sorts of lovely lacey bits and pampering pieces, which I still think look way too tiny to fit my generous backside. Hopefully Nicky likes the squeezed in, toit look teehee ;)
Amazingly enough, I had completely forgotten about the lovely hen party spoilage part of getting married; with my mind currently full of wedding invitations. It was like having a birthday in the middle of the year!
Wonderful J

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww... and who doesnt love a birthday :) or pretty lacy things... or champagne, or koeksisters... swoon :) hahhah... and you made me laugh there- ppl always buy you underwear that would only ever fit paris hilton... cos they dont wanna insinuate anything. Funny hey :) i do hope Nic DOES like the toit look :) xxx

    ReplyDelete