Thursday 23 June 2011

So many bridesmaids...

I follow a lot of US wedding blogs. The reality is, there aren’t that many South African ones and the US is the start of most wedding trends. Another thing to consider is that a South African bride can see the same season weddings in the US, around 3-6 months before her own wedding! I’m having a summer wedding, and the “wedding season” as they call it is just starting in the UK and US now so I am collecting lots of lovely summery ideas. I AM proudly South African I swear!

Another thing that is just plain mad in the US is the number of groomsmen/bridesmaids. It is INSANE. I saw a wedding recently that had 20 bridesmaids!!! Imagine the cost. And imagine how many guests you will have if the bridal party alone is 40 or so people. If I extrapolate from our bridal party – 3 groomsmen and 3 bridesmaids to the 110 people we are having - I get 670 guests. Crazy.
I am often amazed at how beautiful bridesmaids look, well co-ordinated without being matchy matchy. I really feel that bridesmaids should be able to wear something flattering, that they actually like! No-one wants to be the dreaded primrose yellow cupcake. But these bridal parties take the cake:

Pic courtesy Credit Crunch Bride blog

Pics courtesy Green Wedding Shoes

Pic courtesy loveandlavender.com

Hopefully my 3 lovelies will be co-ordinated and not matchy matchy and will all feel beautiful in their dresses, well that's the plan anyway ;)
Would you like to be a rainbow bridesmaid?

No comments:

Post a Comment