Monday 13 June 2011

themes

Right, so the “T” word. Dreaded for me. Most brides are lucky enough to have something they truly love and are inspired by. Not me. I’ve spent the last 7.5 years behind a stack of legislative handbooks. Kinda hard to find inspiration in those. Planning a wedding though, has opened me up to some of the most amazing blogs, people, colours, design, creativity around. I didn’t think I was interested in these things. Thanks goes entirely to Tam (would you believe she was a chemical engineer by profession and has such creativity!), she started me off with an introduction to one of the most amazing wedding photographers – Christine Meintjes. And it kind of moved on from there.
Here are some of my favourite blogs – mostly bridal, but also design and photography:
Lydia Meinjes – yes Christine’s sister, she is a fashionista of NOTE!
And my personal favourite...the pretty blog
These are where I get most of my inspiration. And my aversion to themes. So I’ve gone all the way back to the beginning. Not being inspired by anything specific, but more a feeling of light and airiness that I love. And green. And lavender. And succulents. And flowers in general. And pretty pretty design of any kind. Luckily I have a fiancé’ who gets me and my new obsession. He is so supportive even when he receives the fifth URL of the day to check out and give his manly opinion on.
So no, I do not have a theme. Just a lot of things that inspire me and a hope that it will all come together!

Photo from we love pictures - amazing photographers!                                  
                                          









Photo from Style Me Pretty - styled shoot














Photo from Green Wedding Shoes - real wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment